2015/07/03

(Memo)Friends 109:Underdog Gets Away

Terry, I, I, I know that I haven't worked here very long, but I was wondering, do you think it would be possible if I got a $100 advance in my salary?
--> advance : 預付的款項

See, every year we go skiing in Vail, and normally my father pays for my ticket, but I sort of started the whole independence thing, you know, which is actually why I took this job.
--> skiing : 滑雪
--> sort of : 有點,某種程度上

I was just wondering, do you think there's a possibility that you could give me an advance on my tips?
--> tip : 小費

Hey, I'm sorry about that spill before.
--> spill : 灑出(這邊指之前有濺出咖啡)

Are you wearing makeup?
--> 你化妝了嗎?

What were you modeling for?
--> model : 模擬

You know those posters for the city free clinic?
--> poster : 海報
--> clinic : 門診

You know, the asthma guy was really cute.
--> asthma : 氣喘

 No, but I hear lyme disease is open, so... 
--> lyme disease : 萊姆病

Will you make the mashed potatoes with the lumps?
--> mash : 將食物搗碎成泥狀
--> lump : 團、塊狀

And I assume, Chandler, you are still boycotting all the pilgrim holidays.
--> assume : 假定、想當然地認為
--> boycott : 抵制
--> pilgrim : 朝聖者(這邊指宗教的)

Yes, and her boyfriend. But we're celebrating Thanksgiving in December 'cause he is lunar.
--> lunar : lunar mounth : 過農曆的

No, she's at a faculty meeting.
--> faculty : 全體教師

I'd just like to say that I'm totally behind this experiment.
--> be behind : 全力支持

We all chipped inWe did?  You owe me 20 bucks.
--> chip in : 共同支付、湊錢
--> buck : 美元

We just finished this magnificent Thanksgiving dinner. I have--and I remember this part vividly--a mouthful of pumpkin pie, and this is the moment my parents choose to tell me they're getting divorced.
--> vividly : 栩栩如生的
--> mouthful : 滿嘴的

Yes. It's very difficult to appreciate a Thanksgiving dinner once you've seen it in reverse.
--> in reverse : 相反的情況

 I'm serious. You're amazing. You know when to spritz, when to lay back.
--> spritz : 噴灑

What Mario isn't telling you...V.D., you never know who might have it.
--> V.D. : Venereal Disease : 性病

No, we were just laughing. You know, how laughter can be infectious.
--> laughter : 笑聲
--> infectious : 傳染的

Mmm, looking good. Ok, cider's mulling, turkey's turking, yams are yamming.
--> cider : 水果酒
--> mull : 講酒製作成熱飲
--> turkey : 火雞
--> yam : 番薯

All right, that's it. You know what? Just get out of my way and stop moping.
--> mope : 悶悶不樂

No, I prefer to keep a safe distance from all this merriment.
--> merriment : 歡樂

Ok, we all laughed when you did it with the stuffing, but that's not funny anymore.
--> stuffing : 餡料

Hey, Monica, I got a question. I don't see any tater tots.
--> tater tot : 馬鈴薯球

What, Phoebe, did you whip the potatoes? Ross needs lumps!
--> whip : 攪打食物

Come on. An 80-foot inflatable dog let loose over the city. How often does that happen?
--> inflatable : 充氣的

Ok, where am I talking to, here? I mean, uh, well, there is one way that seems to offer a certain acoustical advantage, but...
--> acoustical : acoustic : 聲音的

Just aim for the bump.
--> bump : 凸塊

Yeah, but did they have to shoot him down? I mean, that was just mean.
--> mean : 暴力的

That tone will not make me go any faster.

And everyone's telling me, you gotta pick a major, you gotta pick a major. So, on a dare, I picked paleontology.
--> dare : 被激而做出的事情
--> paleontology : 古生物學

And you have no idea what I'm saying, because, let's face it, you're a fetus. You're just happy you don't have gills anymore.
--> fetus : 胎兒
--> gill : 鰓

Hey, I got one keyhole and about a zillion keys. You do the math.
--> zillion : 無限大的數目

Aside from the fact that you said you had them?
--> aside from : except for : 除了

Well, the turkey's burnt. Potatoes are ruined, potatoes are ruined, potatoes are ruined.
--> burnt : 燒焦的

Oh, really? So why was I busting my ass to make this delicious Thanksgiving dinner?
--> bust one's ass : 很努力的做

Shall I carve?
--> carve : 切成小片

By all means.
--> by all means : 當然可以

I'd like to propose a toast. Little toast here, ding ding. I know this isn't the kind of Thanksgiving that all of you all planned, but for me, this has been really great, you know, I think because it didn't involve divorce or projectile vomiting. Anyway, I was just thinking, I mean, if you'd gone to Vail, and if you guys'd been with your family, if you didn't have syphilis and stuff, we wouldn't be all together, you know? So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm very thankful that all of your Thanksgivings sucked.
--> propose a toast : 提議為...乾杯
--> projectile : 推進的
--> vomit : 嘔吐
--> projectile vomiting : 噴射性嘔吐
--> syphilis : 梅毒

And hey, here's to a lousy Christmas.
--> lousy : 非常糟的

And a crappy New Year.
--> crappy : 劣質的

沒有留言:

張貼留言