2015/05/29

(Memo)Friends 108:Nana Dies Twice

Dehydrated Japanese noodles under fluorescent lights... does it get better than this?
--> dehydrate : 脫水 
--> fluorescent : 螢光的

Ah, y'see, perfect might be a problem. Had you said 'co-dependent', or 'self-destructive'...
--> co-dependent : 互相依賴
--> destructive : 有害的,破壞性的
--> self-destructive : 自殘的

No. No, it's just 'cause, uh, I kinda wanted to go out with her too, so I told her, actually, you were seeing Bernie Spellman... who also liked her, so...
--> see : 談戀愛

Well, this is fascinating. So, uh, what is it about me?
--> fascinating : 極有趣的

Oh, oh, a quality, good, because I was worried you guys were gonna be vague about this.
--> vague : 含糊不明確的

Monica, your dad just beeped in, but can you make it quick? 
--> beep : 發出訊息(這邊指電話插播)

Hey dad, what's up? Oh God. Ross, it's Nana.
--> nana : (外)祖母

The doctor says it's a matter of hours.

The fuzzy little mints at the bottom of her purse
--> fuzzy : 毛茸茸的
--> mint : 薄荷糖
---> 在皮包底部有一些沾了很多毛髮的薄荷糖

Oh! ...Yeah, they were gross.
--> gross : 令人噁心的

Well, at least she's with Pop-Pop and Aunt Phyllis now.
--> pop : 爸爸
--> pop-pop : 爺爺

We're looking into it.
--> look into sth : 調查

Yeah, you have homosexual hair.
--> homosexual : 同性戀者(男)

Ever since my mom died, every now and then, I get the feeling that she's like right here, y'know?
--> every now and then : 偶而

Oh! And Debbie, my best friend from junior high- got struck by lightning on a miniature golf course- I always get this really strong Debbie vibe whenever I use one of those little yellow pencils, y'know?
--> struck : 重擊
--> lightning : 閃電
--> miniature : 小型的
--> vibe : 氛圍
--> whenever : 無論何時
當你的行為/動作/事件是 "有重複性或時間不確定時" 使用 Whenever; 相反的, 若非常確定時間則用 When.

I thought it was gonna be a closed casket.
--> casket : 棺材

I wanna be buried at sea, it looks like fun.
--> bury : 埋葬

So, uh... what do you think it is about me?

Lowell? Financial Services' Lowell, that's who you saw me with?
--> see : 談戀愛

No! Uh, I d'know! The point is, if you were gonna set me up with someone, I'd like to think you'd set me up with someone like him.
--> set up : 安排

I have shown you everything we have. Unless you want your mother to spend eternity in a lemon yellow pant-suit, go with the burgundy.
--> eternity : 永遠
--> pant-suit : 女套裝
--> burgundy : 柏根地紅酒色

And where she's going everyone else'll be dressier?
--> dressy : 正式的(服裝)

Could we see something in a slimmer heel?
--> slim : 纖細的

Mom already called this morning to remind me not to wear my hair up. Did you know my ears are not my best feature?
--> wear : 梳頭髮成某種髮型
--> feature : 臉上最引人注意的部分

Hi, sorry I'm late, I couldn't find my bearings.
--> bearing : 軸承

It was a really beautiful service.
--> service : 儀式

Y'know, I think it might be time for you to start using night cream.

You're watching a football game at a funeral?
--> funeral : 葬禮

No, it's the pre-game. I'm gonna watch it at the reception.
--> reception : 招待會

You are a frightening, frightening man.
--> frightening : 令人恐懼的

God, what a great day. ...What? Weather-wise!
--> -wise : 就..方面

I'm fine. Just-just... having my worst fear realised...
---> 我最害怕的事情成真了

Okay, don't worry, I'm just checking to see if the muscle's in spasm...huh.
--> spasm痙攣

Do you know what it's like to grow up with someone who is critical of every single thing you say?

I'm telling you, it's a wonder your mother turned out to be the positive, life-affirming person that she is.
--> wonder : 奇蹟
--> life-affirming : 讓人奮發向上的

No. I think some things are better left unsaid. I think it's nicer when people just get along.
--> unsaid : 未說出口的
--> get along : 和睦相處

Yes, yes, fine, that is my penis. Can we be grown-ups now?
--> grown-up : 成年人

Looks like a fun gang.
--> gang : 一群朋友, 一夥(朋友的)

沒有留言:

張貼留言