2015/04/08

(Memo)Friends 104:George Stephanopoulos

If I were omnipotent for a day, I would want, um, world peace, no more hunger, good things for the rain-forest...And bigger boobs!
--> omnipotent : 無所不能的
--> boob : 女性乳房
--> impotent : 性無能的

It's okay, y'know, you just nodded off again
--> nod off : 睡著

My grandmother has this new boyfriend, and they're both kind of insecure in bed. Oh, and deaf. So they're constantly, like, having to reassure each other that they're having a good time.
--> insecure : 缺乏信心的
--> deaf : 失聰的
--> constantly : 不斷地
--> reassure : 安慰

You got way too much free time.
-->  你有太多空閒的時間

Well, aren't we Mr. "The glass is half empty."
--> Glass half full or half empty 
---> glass is half full : 積極樂觀
---> glass is half empty : 消極悲觀

Today's the day Carol and I first.. consummated our physical relationship.
--> consummate : to make something complete or perfect.

I remember the day I got my first pay check. There was a cave in in one of the mines, and eight people were killed.
--> cave in : 塌陷
--> mine : 礦坑

God, isn't this exciting? I earned this. I wiped tables for it, I steamed milk for it, and it was totally not worth it.
--> wipe : 擦

Look at you in the apron. You look like you're in a play.
--> apron : 圍裙
--> play : 演戲

 I know. I know! I'm a duplex.
--> duplex : 複合式房屋

Well, guess who my dad's making partner in his firm.
--> partner : 合夥人
--> firm : 公司

Look, look, I have elbows!
--> elbow : 手肘

Peach pit. Yes, Bunny?
--> pit : 果核
--> bunny : 小兔子

We thought since Phoebe was staying over tonight we'd have kinda like a slumber party thing. We got some trashy magazines, we got cookie dough, we got Twister...
--> stay over night : 過夜
--> slumber party : 睡衣晚會
--> trashy : 低劣的

Could you please tell me what this is in reference to?
--> reference : 論及

So what, you're not the only one. I mean, half the time we don't know where we're going. You've just gotta figure at some point it's all gonna come together.
--> come together : to start working successfully with each other.

Okay, see, see, you guys, what if we don't get magic beans? I mean, what if all we've got are.. beans?

Listen, it's kind of an emergency. Well, I guess you know that, or we'd be in the predicament room
--> predicament : 尷尬的處境

Look, I don't wanna make any trouble, okay, but I'm in a lot of pain here, alright? My face is dented.
--> dent : 使塌陷

Hi, one, uh, mushroom, green pepper and onion?
No, no, that's not what we ordered... We ordered a fat-free crust with extra cheese.
--> crust : 餅皮

Yeah. This one goes across the street, I must have given him yours. Oh, bonehead, bonehead!
--> bonehead : 笨蛋

Are you nuts?! We've got George Stephanopoulos' pizza!
--> nut : 瘋子

Hello? Who are we spying on?
--> spy on sb/sth : 偷窺

Oh, c'mon Dora, don't be mad... I know we both said some things we didn't mean, but that doesn't mean we still don't love each other.
--> mean : 有意(to intend)
--> mean : 結果(to have a particular result)

Yeah. I think you have to draw him out. And then- when you do- he's a preppy animal.
--> draw sb out : 引導
--> preppy : 衣冠楚楚
--> preppy animal : 衣冠禽獸

I remember the moonlight coming through the window- and her face had the most incredible glow.
--> glow : 滿足

Little louder, okay, I think there's a man on the twelfth floor in a coma that didn't quite hear you...
--> coma : 昏迷

Okay. Okay, I got one. Do you remember that vegetarian pate that I made that you loved so much?
--> pate : 醬

No, you kidding? The guy's a freak.
--> freak : 怪人

Oh come on, admit it! All things considered, you had fun tonight.
--> admit : 承認

I found it. Finders keepers, losers weepers.
--> weep : 哭泣

Hey! Hey! No rough holding in my ER!
--> rough holding : 運動比賽的時候, 用手臂去阻礙別人的犯規行為... 這裡表示和人動手搶東西拉拉扯扯

沒有留言:

張貼留言