2015/04/17

(Memo)Friends 105:East German Laundry Detergent

It's amazing. Ok, you just reach in there, there's one little maneuver, and bam, a bra right out the sleeve.
--> maneuver : 精巧動作
--> sleeve : 袖子

Ok, you know what blows my mind? Women can see breasts any time they want. You just look down and there they are. How you get any work done is beyond me.
--> blow sb's mind : 感到極度興奮
--> beyond : 無法理解地

The way guys can do so many mean things, and then not even care.
--> mean : 卑劣的

Multiple orgasms!
--> orgasm : 性高潮



No, I know, but it's just so hard, you know? I mean, you're sitting there with her, she has no idea what's happening, and then you finally get up the courage to do it, and there's the horrible awkward moment when you've handed her the note.
--> get up (sth) : 準備
--> awkward : 令人尷尬的
--> hand : 遞

Oh, thanks, but I think she'd feel like we're gangin' up on her.
--> gang up : 聯合起來
--> gang up againist/on sb : 聯合起來對付某人

I don't know if it's me, or his hunger strike, or, I don't know.
--> hunger strike : 絕食

Why so scrunchy?
--> scrunchy : (俚語)不爽

That guy, he burns me up.
--> burn sb up : 讓某人生氣

You are not up to this.
--> 你還小,還不能做.

Actually, I got the extended disco version, with three choruses of "You'll never make it on your own".
--> choruses :  副歌

Wow, being dumped by you obviously agrees with her.
--> agree with sb : 對某人有益

That's because I'm wearing a dress that accents my boobs.
--> accent : 強調

You don't say.
--> 用不著你說(我看得出來)

Oh, big glamour night. Me and Monica at Laundorama.
--> glamour : 誘惑力

Oh, you uh, you wanna hear a freaky coincidence?
--> freaky : 反常的
--> coincidence : 巧合

He's smart, he's sophisticated, and he has a real job.
--> sophisticated : 見多識廣的,有品味的

Forget it. Not after your cousin who could belch the alphabet.
--> belch : 打嗝
--> alphabet : 字母表
--> belch the alphabet : 打嗝的時間長到可以把a到z唸完

The thinking through is minimal.
---> 想都不用想!
-->  think through : 認真思考

I had the most supremely awful day.
--> supremely : 極度地

Oh, yeah, that hug looked pretty brutal.
--> brutal : 殘忍的

Ok, you weren't there.
--> 你不是當事者!

Comin' through.
--> 借過

Oh god. Oh, am I being like a total laundry spaz
--> spaz : spastic 笨手笨腳的人

Ok, um, basically you wanna use one machine for all your whites, a whole nother machine for colors, and a third for your uh, your uh, delicates, and that would be your bras and your under-panty things.
--> you wanna do sth : 表示建議
--> a whole nother : another的強調用法
--> delicates : 易損壞的東西 (形容詞當名詞+s表複數)

Uh, that, that, that would be a judgment call.
--> 你自行判斷

 It is so great to meet a guy who is smart and funny, and has an emotional age beyond, like eight.

Wow. My brother never even told me when he lost his virginity.
--> virginity : 童貞

Ok, you can do this. It's just like pulling off a Band-aid. Just do it really fast, and then the wound is exposed.
--> pull off : 扯掉  pull out : 拔出
--> Band-aid : ok繃
--> wound : 傷口

Yeah. I'm thinking, if we put our heads together, between the two of us, we can break them up.
--> put our heads together : 一起想辦法
--> between the two of us : 只有我們兩個人知道

What a neat idea. All your clothes match. I'm gonna do this.
--> neat : 簡單而聰明的

We ripped that couple apart, and kept the pieces for ourselves.
--> rip apart : 拆散
--> kept the pieces for ourselves : 各取所需

Oh, he needed some time to grieve.
--> grieve : 悲傷
---> 他需要時間去療傷

沒有留言:

張貼留言