2015/05/14

(Memo)Friends 106:The Butt

You can always spot someone who's never seen one of his plays before. Notice, no fear, no sense of impending doom...
--> impending : 即將發生的(通常指不愉快的事)
--> doom : 厄運

The exclamation point in the title scares me.
--> exclamation : 呼喊(因吃驚、害怕、喜悅等而發出的)
--> exclamation point : (=exclamation mark)驚嘆號

I feel violated.
--> violated : 受侵犯

Did anybody else feel they just wanted to peel the skin off their body, to have something else to do?
--> peel : 剝去 
---> 整句翻譯 : 做表面工夫

Oh please, could she be more out of my league?
--> be of of sb's league : 對某人來說高不可攀
--> league : (=grade, rank)等級

I'm very very aware of my tongue...
--> aware : 知道的
--> tongue : 說話方式
---> 整句翻譯 : 我一向都很謹言慎行

just for the hell of it.
--> 尋求刺激感

Oh, I'm sorry, then your're widowed?
--> widowed : 守寡的


So tell me, how do- how do you think your husband would feel about you sitting here with me?...Sliding your foot so far up my pant leg you can count the change in my pocket?

So explain something to me here, uh, what kind of a relationship do you imagine us having if you already have a husband and a boyfriend?

Oh. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
--> work out : 發展

I mean, this is twisted! How could you get involved with a woman like this?
--> twisted : 變態的

I even used all the attachments on the vacuum.
--> vacuum : 真空吸塵器

Oh! I-I see you moved the green ottoman.
--> ottoman : (=pouf)座墊

Thank God you didn't try to fan out the magazines. I mean, she'll scratch your eyes right out.
--> fan out : 攤開來擺著(書攤開來像扇形)
--> scratch : 抓

Alright, you madcap gal. Try to imagine this. The phone bill arrives, but you don't pay it right away.
--> madcap :  愚蠢的
--> gal : 女人

Because you're a kook.
--> kook :  散漫的人

Okay, uh, you let me go grocery shopping, and I buy laundry detergent, but it's not the one with the easy-pour spout.
--> spout : (容器的)嘴

Someone's left a glass on the coffee table. There's no coaster. It's a cold drink, it's a hot day. Little beads of condensation are inching their way closer and closer to the surface of the wood...
--> coaster : 杯墊
--> bead : 小滴(液體)
--> condensation : 凝結的水珠
--> inch : 緩慢地移動

Ooh, do I sense a little bit of resentment?
--> resentment : 怨恨

Lose the robe.
--> lose : 脫
--> robe : 浴衣(長袍)

No, that was clenching.
--> clench : 夾緊

I was going for quiet desperation.
--> desperation : 絕望

I know there'll be many moments in the years to come when I'll regret asking the following question, but- And Andrew is?
---> 我知道在最近幾年,會有很多時刻讓我後悔我問了接下來的問題。

Oh, so what you're saying is you're not completely fulfilled by Rick, Ethan and myself?
--> fulfilled : 滿足的

Why can't we just have what we have now? Why can't we just talk, and laugh, and make love, without feeling obligated to one another... and up until tonight I thought that's what you wanted too.
--> obligated : 有責任義務的

Something so sweet and...disturbing about that.
--> disturbing : 令人感到不適的

Y'know, I've done nothing but crappy plays for six years. And I finally get my shot, and I blow it!
--> crappy : 劣質的

Really? Just casually strewn about in that reckless haphazard manner?
--> casually : 隨意地
--> strewn about : 散落在地上
--> reckless : 輕率的
--> haphazard : 無秩序的

沒有留言:

張貼留言