2015/05/21

(Memo)Friends 107:The Blackout

Hi. Um, I want to start with a song thats about that moment when you suddenly realize what life is all about.

Wow, this is so cool, you guys. The entire city is blacked out!
--> black sth out : 使變暗

Who am I gonna meet in a blackout? Power company guys? Eligible looters?
--> blackout : 停電
--> eligible : 理想的(做為結婚對象)
--> looter : 搶匪

Oh my God. I am trapped in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre!
--> be trapped : 被困住
--> vestibule : 門廳(類似銀行放ATM的小房間)

Is it a vestibule? Maybe it's an atrium.
--> artium : 大廳

And officiating at tonight's blackout, is Rabbi Tribbiani.
--> officiate at   : 主持
--> officiating : 引申為主持人

Well, Chandler's old roommate was Jewish, and these are the only candles we have, so... Happy Chanukah, everyone.
--> Jewish : 猶太人
--> Chanukah : 光明節

Eww, look. Ugly Naked Guy lit a bunch of candles.
--> lit : (=light) 點亮

You're definitely scaring here.

OK, I'll go. OK, senior year of college... on a pool table.
--> pool table : 撞球桌

The ride broke down. So, Carol and I went behind a couple of those mechanical Dutch children...
--> ride : 遊樂園裡的遊樂設施
--> break down : 故障
--> mechanical : 機械的
--> Dutch : 荷蘭的

Step Back!
--> step back : 退一步(考慮問題)
----> ex : Let's just step back from the problem and think about what we could do.

 I just never had a relationship with that kind of passion.
--> passion : 激情

Well, it was the only thing to do there that didn't have a line.
--->(整句翻譯)呃,那是在那裡唯一不用排隊就可以做的事情。

No, he said we were holding up the people behind us.
--> hold up : 耽誤

Passion is way overrated.
--> overrated : 被高估的

So, you know, for all of those people who miss out on that passion... thing, there's all that other good stuff.
--> miss out on : 錯失...的機會

Ross, you're mayor of the zone.
--> mayor : 市長

I'm taking my time, alright? I'm laying the groundwork. Yeah. I mean, every day I get just a little bit closer to...
--> groundwork : 準備工作

Priesthood!!
--> priesthood : 牧師

What's messing you up? The wine? The candles? The moonlight?
--> mess sb up : 出現問題

What are you shushing?
--> shush : 停止說話

What the hell was that? Mental note: If Jill Goodacre offers you gum, you take it. If she offers you mangled animal carcass, you take it.
--> mental : 精神的
--> mental note : 在腦子裡記下
--> mangled : 損壞的 
--> carcass : 屍體(動物的)

This is so typical. I'm always the last one to know everything.
--> typical : 一向如此的

Sorry, that was wax.
--> wax : 蠟

During a blackout? He'd get trampled!
--> trample : 踩

I loathe myself.
--> loathe : 憎恨

You betcha!!
--> you betcha : I will bet you
---> 沒問題!!!

It's got a... boyish charm, it's impish.
--> charm : 魅力
--> impish : 頑皮的

Nice going, imp. OK, it's OK. All I need to do is reach over and put it in my mouth.
imp : 小淘氣

My God, you're choking!
--> choke : 噎住

What did he say that was so funny?

I know it's totally superficial and we have absolutely nothing in common, and we don't even speak the same language but Goooooooddddddd....
--> superficial : 膚淺的

That's funny, because you know, you are a huge crapweasel!
--> crap : 糟糕的
--> weasel : 黃鼠狼
---> 無用的鼠輩

No, you've got to whip it.
--> whip : 打(甩出)

Kinda... spooky without any lights.
--> spooky : 陰森可怕的

OK, guys, guys? I have the definitive one.
--> definitive : 最好的

Hey Ross. This probably isn't the best time to bring it up, but you have to throw a party for Monica.
--> bring sth up : 提出(話題)
--> throw a party : 辦派對

沒有留言:

張貼留言